Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Call history

Damien Sandras a écrit :
Le jeudi 27 mars 2008 à 20:45 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Damien Sandras a écrit :
Le jeudi 27 mars 2008 à 14:15 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Julien Puydt a écrit :
And we'll have to decide what to show exactly :-)
Since I didn't get greeted by complaints either on irc or on this list, I committed should-work code.

It's still time to complain if something looks wrong!
Here are a few comments/bugs/things to fix before 3.00 :
1- the synthetic view of the call history in the main window is not
back. I think we should have kept it.
It's probably just a matter of adding a book view in the main window.

It needs to be coded.

I see what has to be done for that.

2- when we have a missed call (for some reason), then the entry in the
history is empty (no fullname, no voip uri)
Hmmm... that is strange : if you look at the code, I do try to get that data from the call... so if the data isn't in the history, then it probably wasn't in the call in the first place :-/

Perhaps a bug there. I think Ekiga was set in call forwarding mode.

No idea.

3- we do not have the direction of the call (incoming, outgoing, missed)
Hmmm... that is stored in the call history book though, so it's probably a view issue.

Ah weird.

Well, not that much now that I look at the code : the book view doesn't show groups, and that information is supposed to be displayed through grouping...

5- the call duration is not accessible (it is not accessible with a
cellphone either, but I think it is a needed feature)
Indeed ; the question is : how to present it to the user.

A additional column in the GtkTreeView ?

Well, again : the book view only shows names, voip uris and a list of phone numbers, of which only the first is really interesting for the user.

The current contacts in svn have two interesting features for the user : the name and the groups. Perhaps it would be good to add something more (I don't know how to call it), so we can show more than the name in the view.

Either that, or write a more complete view specific for the history books?

6- when doing a refresh, the refresh never ends, you have to kill ekiga
A refresh!? What are you talking about?

The refresh button...

Which refresh button? I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about : call history has no such thing.

Sigh, I noticed there's a bug in my history-contact code, which may give an error at startup. That looks like something I should fix *now*.