Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga with Acer Travelmate Crystal Eye Cam

Hi Julien,

... thanks for the swift reply. On the project page for the uvc driver (http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/) I learned that there is no V4L driver - only V4L2. Though my camera is on the list of the supported devices it proved to be a troublemaker on Ekiga: If I select V4L I get an error message pop up in Ekiga. On V4L2 the green screen shows up with no messages at all.

I can capture images on Kopete though (which is of not much help since Kopete is not of much use for video conferencing) Ffmpeg works either. On Ekiga I don't get an error message - even on -d 6 not.

So downloaded skype (again after many years) and got the following messages:
Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
Starting the process...
Skype Xv: Xv ports available: 16
Skype XShm: XShm support enabled
Skype Xv: Using Xv port 73
Skype Xv: No suitable overlay format found
The test screen will be black.

What's wrong here?

Greetings
Conrad