Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] DCCP

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le dimanche 08 juin 2008 à 07:48 +0200, Dr. Christian Hoene a écrit :
Hello Eugen Dedu,

yes I think that will be way VoIP will evolved. It not a question whether but when.

As we are planing this implementation for a research project, we need to be a bit ahead of the line.

Lets work together on this issues? I am actually not sure where to add it ;-)

and it is not limited to the packets length...

I don't think so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol
"The Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) is being designed as
a partial solution to this potential problem by adding end host TCP-friendly congestion control behavior to high-rate UDP streams such as streaming media."

-so only a partial solution of a becoming less "potential" problem due to advances with codecs which will slow down excessive UDP traffic.

-most soho embedded routers and firewalls are based on very old linux kernels without DCCP-
support and the DCCP wikipedia article states not much implementations since years.

since 2006 university playground, but patches for Ekiga are welcome ;)

tom