Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Missing avcodec.h

Matthias Schneider a écrit :
Quoting Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr>:

Hi,

I have a hard time compiling ptlib+opal+ekiga those days : since I
upgraded my libavcodec-dev package, avcodec.h is to be found in :
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h
but is searched in :
libavcodec/avcodec.h
ffmpeg/avcodec.h

in fact, if the configure script were doing things right, it would use
pkg-config to learn the real location!

Snark

Julien,
the configure script IS doing things right and using pkg-config! However thats
only half the way... configure itself then still has to fiddle out for itself
whether avcodec.h is still in $FFMEGINCLUDEDIR/avcodec or
$FFMPEGINCLUDEDIR/ffmpeg. They changed it a few months ago! No way to find this
out via pkg-config. However the configure script still detects it right. Your
case however I have never seen... Are you sure you have ffmpeg correctly
installed? Maybe this is some strange third way that was thought by your
distribution makers? I do not really understand why ffmpegs pkg-config only
returns part of the path AND ffmpeg guy had to change the subpath name AND your
packager had to change the subpath name again...

Arg... I'll need to dig it further :-(