Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Missing avcodec.h

Quoting Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a hard time compiling ptlib+opal+ekiga those days : since I
> upgraded my libavcodec-dev package, avcodec.h is to be found in :
> /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h
> but is searched in :
> libavcodec/avcodec.h
> ffmpeg/avcodec.h
>
> in fact, if the configure script were doing things right, it would use
> pkg-config to learn the real location!
>
> Snark

Julien,
the configure script IS doing things right and using pkg-config! However thats
only half the way... configure itself then still has to fiddle out for itself
whether avcodec.h is still in $FFMEGINCLUDEDIR/avcodec or
$FFMPEGINCLUDEDIR/ffmpeg. They changed it a few months ago! No way to find this
out via pkg-config. However the configure script still detects it right. Your
case however I have never seen... Are you sure you have ffmpeg correctly
installed? Maybe this is some strange third way that was thought by your
distribution makers? I do not really understand why ffmpegs pkg-config only
returns part of the path AND ffmpeg guy had to change the subpath name AND your
packager had to change the subpath name again...

Matthias