[Ekiga-devel-list] fail to compile ekiga, need PWLib library

I have ubuntu 7.10 installed.
I need to do some modifications on ekiga code, so I downloaded the source code,
compiled and installed them. It was working fine.

toady I upgraded my alsa driver and am trying to re-compile everything. the
pwlib and opal parts are fine, however when I do ./configure for ekiga, it
stops at:

checking for PWLib includes in /usr/include/...
checking for /usr/include/ptlib/pprocess.h... yes
checking for read in -lpt... no
configure: error: You need the PWLib library to compile Ekiga

this makes me really confused since I already compiled and installed pwlib. and
looks ./configure has already found where is pwlib but just cannot link to it.

I am wondering whether the second compiling of pwlib make some broken of the
linker?

anyone can help on this?

Sam