Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Failure to build Ekiga 2.0.11 on Mandriva 2006

Colin Guthrie-6 wrote:

> tobiz wrote:
>> I have built and run ekiga 2.0.9 ok on Mandriva 2006 so want to upgrade
>
> Not really solving your problem but is there any reason you can't update
> to a newer Mandriva? 2006 is pretty old, there have been three major
> revisions since then and a fourth (2008.1) is on it's way... (and
> shaping up to be quite nice even if I do say so myself ;))
>
> Col

Colin, my experience of upgrading to the next version of Mandriva, starting
almost from the begining of Mandrake is that it takes ~3-4 weeks before it
all gets straightened out.  Since life is increasingly dependent on my
computer working all the time I just haven't 'bit the bullet' yet and got
down to doing it.  My Mandriva 2006 is really 2006++ since I've added
packages, drivers etc, this is usually the reason why an upgrade takes so
long but Mandriva do sometimes throw in a few curved balls themselves.  Of
course if my ekiga build problem is Mandriva related then I will upgrade,
but until I know that I'd just like to solve the problem I have.
Rgds

Tobiz