Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] SIP for Dummies : Jabber/Sip

Le lundi 11 février 2008 à 12:40 +0100, michel memeteau a écrit :
> Hi , here is something I thought about and saw in Real life .
>
> When people migrate to GNU/Linux or Mac OSX. They ask how they could
> carry on Videoconf with their friends.
>
> Skyppy  is not too spread for non techies , so people use MSN in
> France, juste because " all the sheep do" .
>
> SO they ask me : "now I'm on GNU linux , how do I contact my friends ?
> " , So they Use jabber because gmail is really spread, but Visio is
> really important for them.
>
> So they launch Ekiga , get an ekiga.net adress , and ask their WIn/mac
> friends to do the same.
>

> ALl this to say that Jabber and SIP are useful and that it's diffcult
> to use only SIP today.
>
> So if an ekiga.net adress could be a jabber adress as well , people
> could at least give only one adress that would work on both
> protocols/software.
>
> In france , people ask Jabber fr , to do the jabber for them.
> http://jabber.apinc.org/domliste.php if your domain can forward SRV
> DNS.
>
> Isn't this could be a first try for ekiga.net to be easier for
> noobs ?
>
> the point is I'm planing a quick SIP for dummies , and telling people
> that they could keep one adress for jabber and SIP could be good. and
> even better if it's ekiga.net
>

> Let me know if you think it could be useful.

Jabber/SIP Integration could be useful.

You can chat with Jan about that on IRC, he is currently experimenting
with OpenSER which offers SIP/Jabber integration. It could be possible
with this to do IM and have presence information from Jabber contacts
using Ekiga. That would rock...
--
 _     Damien Sandras