Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] using the wrong registrar?

Damien Sandras wrote:

Even if you are not registered, the call with go through the SIP Proxy
marked as default.

As written before, I never clicked on the [Default] button. And
the checkbox for *.65 was not set either, so why was especially
this IP address used, instead of the selected registrar? What
would happen if the unwanted host is down?

Maybe there is some misunderstanding what the checkboxes in the
registrars list are good for. I thought I can select which
registrar to use and to ignore by clicking the checkbox, but
obviously this is not the case. Maybe you could spread some
light here, or did I miss something in the documentation?

The reason is that you have some SIP Proxies that do
not require being registered to make calls. You can call ekiga.net users
without being registered to ekiga.net...

This is not about ekiga.net. I am using Ekiga in a local
environment setup for evaluation/verification. And my local
registrars _do_ require a register.

Actually Ekiga was very easy to connect, I just stumbled over
this strange behavior, so I thought you might be interested.

Regards

Harri