Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] A few usability improvements in ekiga SVN

Hello again,

Le samedi 19 avril 2008 à 19:32 +0200, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> During configuration assistant:
>
> - the selection for combo boxes in Ringing, Output and Input devices is
> put to NULL/NULL/NULL by default, instead of PTLIB/... (see devices.png)

It will be fixed. It should not happen.

> - it didn't let me show/test the NAT type, as with ekiga 2.0.x

That test will be removed, we will make things more automatic for the
user and so easier (I hope).

> In preferences:
>
> - General->General settings: replace 'set as away' with 'set as away (in
> minutes)' (like in the tab below, call options, ('in seconds)' and the
> others)

Done. I just committed the change.

> - General->Sound Events: I don't know why, voice mail and instant msg
> sounds point to a inexistent wav file in /usr/local/share/..., instead
> of /usr/share/...  After setting them to a valid directory/file, it is ok

Not here. Wouldn't it be a packaging thing or an old setting ?

> - Audio->Codecs: it prints the frequencies, not the codec names (see
> codecs.png)

You forgot the attachment. I can reproduce it here (and I don't think
others can or they would complain).

> In the application:
>
> - when ekiga starts, the window size should be about 32 pixels larger (I
> think it does not take into account the border size of the window); this
> avoids that the Call Panel shows buttons at left and right of upper tabs.

I will try changing that when improving the main window.

Thanks for your work and remarks !
--
 _     Damien Sandras