Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 build broken - status before the weekend

Quoting Torsten Schlabach <TSchlabach gmx net>:

> Hi all!
>
> Just for those waiting ...
>
> I don't only have no progress, but I am moving backwards.
>
> Last time, I had it to the point where it compiled, but I had issues with
> nsis. (See my earlier posting.) Because that nsis issues might be some 64 bit
> problem, I set up a new machine with a Debian testing (lenny) with 32 bit and
> re-tried the build. With no success at all again, unfortunately.
>
> I also tried to revert to the last revisions in SVN of OPAL and PTLib which
> worked for me last time, but again, all kinds of strange compilation errors.
> Guys, this is *frustrating*. I am spending days and nights and not getting
> anywhere.
What kind of errors?

> Did anyone ever make it to an installer.exe recently?
>
> I know that trunk was broken anyway last night, so that definitely hit me as
> well at some time, but I understand that was fixed? I also not sure if the
> patches (win32_opal.patch and win32_ptlib.patch) are committed in the
> meantime or not, so I always try both, with or without them, but no success.
These patches were not designed to be committed, they only revert the wchar
change in order to demonstrate that it can be compiled. The wchar issue was not
investigated further.

> I am off for the weekend, so more of this next week.
>
> If anyone managed to build, then please let me now:
>
> - SVN revisions used
> - distro (incl. 32 / 64 bit, if distro is "testing", of when?)

I will fix OAPL/PTLIB one last time this weekend to get it working with svn
trunk or at least with a recent revision. This is not only frustrating for you
but also for me since I have to invest a huge amount of time I need for
finishing my own features. Please keep in mind the notice from the wiki:
"In order to compile from SVN, you need to get mingw32 from Debian testing or
unstable (lenny / sid at the time of writing), as this is the only version that
contains the headers and libs needed for DirectX related stuff. The version that
comes with Etch does not have these headers."

I myself am running debian unstable.