Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] win32 build updated

Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 10:57 +0200, Matthias Schneider a écrit :
> Hm, is it Kilian's? Damien? I can check tonight if it still works...

Hi,

It's Kilian's.

> > [2.0 build]
> > > What do you mean keep it around? I thought its not working anyway?
> I can
> > > only tell you I do not have a single minute I can put into
> anything
> > > related to 2.0.x, actually I had mentally moved the 3.0 windows
> buidl to
> > > 3.2 already...
> >
> > I mean: Keep the Wiki page where it is and accept a fix to the
> Makefile if I
> > or someone else has one. I am supporting people who use 2.0.11 on
> Windows
> > right now. They have some issues which I might need to fix or which
> might be
> > fixed already in 2.0.12. But I cannot move these people to a moving
> target
> > 3.0 SVN version.
> >
> > Isn't it good practice to keep bugfixing the stable version of an
> app until
> > the next version is out and usually even running for X amount of
> time?
> >
> > I can understand that you cannot / don't want to spent time on it,
> but others
> > might want to. If possible, I'd like to avoid the situation where
> 2.0 doesn't
> > work and 3.0 isn't there yet.
>
> You are right that this should be the way to go. In case you want to
> contribute
> to both 2.x and 3.0 for windows this would be very appreciated. I also
> did not
> know that there are people actually using Ekiga for win since it was
> never
> officially released... However, like I said before I can give you
> support only
> on the 3.0 version.

At the time we did packaged 2.0.9 for windows there was people using it
on ekiga.net (as it showed up first in the white pages). I think it
should be some today. Probably TheBonsai could tell how much (asking
SER).

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick ekiga net