Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] win32 build updated

Hi Matthias!

Thanks for your effort. I couldn't wait to try it.

Good news first: It worked 99%! It compiled Ekiga, but it failed to create the installer. I will attach a complete log file of the entire build.

Some remarks:

1. There is still that automake-1.9 versus 1.20 problem. I had to patch the Makefile.

2. It seems to be important to stick to

  1. make update-sources
  2. apply the patches to OPAL and PTLib (as long as they are needed)
  3. make

In an earlier attempt, I was curious if I would get the same error message which you got, so I did not patch, but did a make update-sources, tried a make, which failed, than patched the libs and tried again, but was unable to recover.

Tomorrow I will try and run the .exe on a Windows box and report the results. I will just have to check how to get it installed without the installer.

Actually, the dist/Eikiga dir seems to have most of what I would probably need, but I cannot spot the OPAL and PTLib DLLs there.

Additional questions:

- Will we now have a nightly build again?

> However, we will probably drop the 2.0 stuff
> since it is coming to an end-of-life...

Can we please keep it around at least until the first release of 3.0 is available? As long as 3.0 is an entirely moving target, I'd argue that there are people using 2.0.x in production (either on Linux or Windows) and would need to be able to fix bugs.

Obviously, the build which lead to 2.0.11-BETA.exe does not seem to be reproduceable until know and AFAIK there is no 2.0.12 for Windows at all.

Regards,
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------