Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] 1st working SVN build Ekiga on FreeBSD

Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru Sisis de>:

> El día Thursday, April 03, 2008 a las 11:45:08AM +0200, Matthias Schneider
> escribió:
>
> > Hello Emilio,
> > I do not concur with all parts of your patch:
> > - why do you change P_DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DIR? Its not used anyways and should
> be
> > removed -> I will do so
>
> fine with me too;
>
> > - why do you not want to do the check for /usr/lib on freeBSD? This is
> usual
> > procedure for libraries as well. In case it is not found it will be looked
> for
> > in /usr/local/lib. What I can propose is to set the trace level to DEBUG,
> not
> > ERROR for the dir names that are being searched.
>
> no add-onn software (like OPAL, Ekiga) install in FreeBSD stuff below
> /usr/lib, only below /usr/local; this is the common rule in FreeBSD;

Hmm, strange, on Linux (as far as I know) stuff that comes with the distribution
goes to /usr/lib, i.e. opal and ptlib if they come with the distro. Isnt it
similar on freeBSD?

Actually no harm is done checking in /usr/lib, so I would prefer to keep this
check without a define...