Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 build of 3.0-trunk patched Makefile - WiP

Quoting Torsten Schlabach <TSchlabach gmx net>:

> Hi all!
>
> Attached please find an interim patch for the win32/Makefile reflecting how
> far I got before I will have to call it a day for today.
>
> Please use in conjuction with
>
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Cross-compile_Win32
>
> This patch fixes the following:
>
> * automake and friends are recognized (1.9 / 1.10 issue)
> * the Ekiga source code is checked out directly via Subversion and no longer
> fatched from a snapshot which hasn't been updated since Nov 7th, 2007. (In
> other words, you think you're compiling the trunk version, but you don't
> until you use this patch
> * the x264 stuff is not fetched from their new git repository. We fetch the
> latest version always. The Makefile which went to the videolan svn was
> getting a specific release before.
> * I commented out some patches which do not seem to exist anymore
>
> On git:
>
> Never used this before. Right now when I run
>
> make update-sources
>
> for a 2nd time, it complains about the dir being there already.
>
> On commenting out patches:
>
> I run into some errors which I have seen on the native build of trunk for
> Linux. Probably these patches had some cross-compile specific stuff. Need to
> research.
>
> Therefore (see subject line) this patch will not yet make the build work
> again, but I want to share my current state. I hope I am moving in the right
> direction.
>
> Regards,
> Torsten

Hi Torsten,
first of all, thanks for the patches. I will revise the windows build taking
into account your patches next weekend (sorry, this needs some time I do not
have right now)

You pull Ekiga directly from svn instead of downloading the tarball. That is a
first start, but we have to do this for ptlib and opal as well, since the
tarballs of them are really outdated. Also we do not want to rebuild all
dependencies if nothing has changed after a checkout. I will thus need to
modify your patch, which needs some time.

Also you have commented out many lines where I do not understand that it still
works at all, e.g. the compilation of ptlib...

Last thing I would like to add is that we should either specify whether to use
aclocal 1.9 or 1.10 in a single place or even autodetect this...

Matthias