Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Incoming video in Ekiga

Matthias Schneider ha scritto:
Hi Lorenzo,
could you please specify which version of ekgia you are using (SVN trunk, which revision, or ekiga
stable). Also you didnt mention the platform (linux, win32,...)

Thaks in advance,
Matthias

Hi all,

I just tried the scenario with a SVN trunk of Asterisk (rev 5157) and the window resizing issue doesn't appear, so I guess it's a problem of the stable version. I don't know if it's a problem in Ekiga or in Opal, since it's Opal which takes care of parsing H.261 streams.

However, by furtherly analyzing the stream I send, I noticed that when I encode my composed pictures ffmpeg doesn't provide any frame with a PSC, but all GBSC frames, as opposite to Ekiga-stable which always sends frames with picture headers. Since the QCIF flag is set in PSC frames, might the fact that I only send GBSC frames to confuse the decoder? This could explain why when I sent back an Ekiga originated frame before sending my mix the resizing issue wouldn't appear: the PSC in the first frame would tell Ekiga about the QCIF resolution, which it wouldn't be aware of else with only GBSC frames. But if this is a problem (which I'm not sure of), why then the SVN Ekiga doesn't suffer from this?

I hope I helped you with this feedback, cheers,

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica