Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Blacklisting

Jan Schampera a écrit :
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:46:03 +0100
Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

Basically, each handler answers either "Ok, I handled, stop there" or "Go down the list".

That reminds me of something else: Could you add a type classification
to the plugin code? I mean, just an ID that tells the system if it's a
addressbook source or a call handler for incoming calls - not that we
need it right now, but imagine you create a window that displays
information about loaded/present plugins.

Hmmm... the idea of having a window to show this doesn't appeal to me. The idea to have a debug output which would give more information about loaded plugins than "/usr/lib/whatever.so was loaded" would indeed be a better idea.

Perhaps a simple description string would be enough? It could show up as:
/usr/lib/whatever.so was loaded :
Whatever plugin version 3.14159
  Provides support for whatever crap you want

Would that look good ?

That class could also be retrieved under runtime from the separate
plugins, though.

I don't like the idea of class of plugins : what if a single plugin provides several types of services, like say an XMPP plugin would provide a new type of account and a new addressbook family?