Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Echo cancellation

On Thursday 04 January 2007 13:12, you wrote:
> Let me know when you have the files. Depending on what the problem is, I
>  may even need the other person's files.
Hmm...the other person uses a cisco ip phone (so recording probably will not
work). Furthermore the problem is present at his end of the connection,
because he hears an echo of his voice. As far as I understand echo
cancellation, it has to be the fault of the software at my end, hasn't it?
Therefore replacing his ip phone with ekiga (or something else where
recording is possible) will probably be the route to go.

>  Even before that, can you
> describe what the problem is just in case I've seen that before?
As soon as the call is established the other party (on the cisco phone) hears
a strong echo of his voice with about 250-500 ms delay. On my end there is
almost no echo at all.

> P.S. Always make sure that the capture device is the same as the
> playback device. Recording from a webcam while playing to the main
> soundcard doesn't work.
Laptop mic/speakers should always be on the same device, shouldn't they? I
just checked the ekiga preferences and under 'Audio devices' the same device
is selected for both output and input.

Regards Florian

--
Florian Hackenberger