Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Camera fails after a call.

Le lundi 06 ao�07 �1:50 -0700, Vehyla a �it :
> I am currently working to get Ekiga to work on RHEL 4.5 x86_64.  I have a
> Quickcam Pro 5000 and I'm using the uvcvideo drivers from
> http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/  The camera seems to start up fine and I can
> make a call to another machine without problems.  However after I disconnect
> from my call the camera usually doesn't come back and it fails with one of
> two errors listed below:
>
> Error while setting the frame size   (Most common error)
>
> Your driver doesn't seem to support any of the color formats supported by
> Ekiga.
>  Please check your kernel driver documentation in order to determine which
> Palette is supported.
>
> If I close ekiga (which also never closes I always have to hit force quit or
> ctl-C, but maybe that should be a differnt post) I can start it back up and
> everything seems to work fine for another phone call.  I'm including a
> debug6 for my session when the camera ends with the "Error while setting the
> frame size"  Please let me know if anyone has heard of this or has any
> suggestions.  Also let me know if I did not give sufficient information to
> help debug the problem.  Thanks.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12020791/ekiga.recieve ekiga.recieve

Luc Saillard tells me that it could be a bug in the camera or in the
driver.

If you plug the camera and unplug it, does it work again ?

Luc told me that he has seen a patch to fix that problem but it never
got applied :-/

See :
<luc> damien: the first logitech fusion has the bug too, i've seen some
patch to try to fix the bug ... but i don't know if it was applied
<luc> damien: and don't plug anything (like mouse, keyboard, usb1.1
device) on the same usb bus
<luc> else the camera is set in usb1.1 ans only some resolution are
available (at least for the logitech fusion)
--
 _     Damien Sandras