Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga 3.00

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 07:54:20PM +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:

> > * Ekiga will be able to detect when an USB headset or camera is plugged,
> > and propose you to use it.
>
> Huge, huge work in that area too.

I've already have some code to it ... but it's specific Linux. It's just a
matter looking in /sys/ and /proc/asound. Else we can use the 'hal' library
but not depends of. With a set of udev rules, i've route all sounds from the
mainboard to the headphone when plugged.

> > * Better NAT support
>
> Hmmmm... new network traversal methods ?

We can use port forwarding from a internet host accessible from anywhere.
This host can forward in tcp, udp, or even SSL (it's already use by msn live
messenger).

> > * New configuration assistant
>
> Based on GtkAssistant instead of GnomeDruid. Yes!

Gizmo (not free software) has a very simple interface to create the account.
(and a good UI ...). I would love to have the same thing for ekiga.

Luc