Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Wishes: remove flicker (50Hz) of video in Ekiga, increase resolution to 640x480, zoom function

Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 15:35 -0700, vatbier a écrit :
> When I look in Ekiga at my own video of my webcam there is a flicker
> (maybe 50Hz?)? I find it annoying.
> I haven't used yet Ekiga to my sister (she must first get a webcam
> too).
> Will my sister see this flicker or will the video that's been
> transmitted to her have no flicker? Will the H.261 QCIF Video Codec
> remove the flicker?
> In WinXP my Logitech QuickCam Fusion software has an option to remove
> flicker (50Hz) from video.
>
> Hm, I see at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Intermediate_Format
> that QCIF has these video resolutions:
>  QCIF: 176 × 144, QCIF+:  176 × 220
> Does this mean that Ekiga can only send out a video with resolution
> 176x220 ? My Logitech QuickCam Fusion webcam can do 640x480.

I don't know what's the flicker, but I think it is soemthing that should
be related to your driver.

Currently, Ekiga can only do 176x144. In the next few weeks, thanks to
the hard work of Craig, it will also be able to do 352x288.

> Second Wish: a video codec that can send over 640x480 video
> resolutions.

I know no free codec that can do that with a reasonable bandwidth for
home users.

> Third wish: a zoom function for video. Now in Ekiga my head is small
> compared to entire picture.

Go in the View menu, you can apply a 2x zoom on the picture.