Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] How to use Ekiga with Windows Messenger

Le vendredi 27 octobre 2006 à 10:28 -0700, Zou, Yixiong a écrit :
> It’s at my home.  So no proxy, only a firewall/router.  I have port
> 5060 open on the firewall.  Also in my windows box, I configured the
> windows firewall to allow port 5060.
>

> Any ideas?  Thanks for looking.

Perhaps it is trying to register a private IP address, then the server
will reject it because you will not be callable. It is the server policy
to do so, I could also ignore the problem and allow registering, but it
wouldn't be a good idea from my point of view.

I suggest to configure STUN or an outbound proxy. I have no idea how to
achieve that with WM though, and I don't even know if it is possible or
not.

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net