Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Food for thought

Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

I think he makes good points :

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=210

since ekiga will have some IM capabilities in the future, we may want
to keep this in mind.

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/wp-comments-post.php

Answer the question!

:/ this guy should first fix his php.

"Most IM clients have a big problem" No theyre the problem. The only reason for their existance is proprietary marketing and that ms windows lacks standard internet capabillities.

Better train new linux users to use classic UNIX IM + filetransfer and develop and provide customer friendly OSS
crosscompiled windows clients for standard communication protocols.

We cant copy and do really need this proprietary IM's mess on linux.
Thats the wrong target and will never work.

tom