Re: Baffled

Hi David

Please see my replies below.

On 2017-02-28 08:19, David Andrew (main) <david andrew1 mypostoffice co uk> wrote:
Have version 2.4.3 of Easytag running on W10.

Getting very strange behaviour that changes applied to an album
disappear when Easytag is closed and re-opened.

That is the metadata reverts to /exactly /what it was before I made the
changes.

Not sure what supporting data I should give.

Can you mention exactly that steps that you used to reproduce the problem? For example:

1. Open EasyTAG, browse to a directory with music files in a supported format (in my case, an Ogg Vorbis file)
2. Change a tag of a desired file, then save it (Ctrl+S or similar)
3. Reload the file list (Ctrl+R or similar)
4. Navigate to the file, check the changed tag

For me, this works fine, but I would have to test on Windows with the same file type is you to be sure that I am reproducing the same behaviour. There is at least one open bug about ID3 support using id3lib, where if the file is readonly and a new tag is written, the write will silently fail (this is an id3lib bug that is very difficult to work around).

Mention that I have used earlier versions a lot but not seen this before.

Could it be something to change in the preferences?

It could be that you did not save the file, or a bug in the writing code for a particular format. Please let me know how to reproduce the problem and I can investigate further.

--
http://amigadave.com/