Re: Replaygain 2.0 and/or EBU R128 scanning development?

Hi Rickard

On 2016-06-17 15:37, Rickard G <rickard gerthsson gmail com> wrote:
One thing I need to be on my way to ditch another Windows program and
Wine is the option to easily scan replaygain for my music. For this I
use foobar2000 but I would love if EasyTAG had this option. Is it
possible to use BS1770GAIN (http://bs1770gain.sourceforge.net/) to allow
this feature?

EasyTAG has no support for decoding audio, so it has no native support for adding replaygain fields to tags. It should be pretty easy to use the "Open Files With…" feature to achieve this, either by going to the File menu, then opening that menu item, or by pressing Shift+Ctrl+O. This allows you to run a command against all the selected files, so I guess that you could run bs1770gain without much difficulty.

Also, if possible, consider setting up a way for us to donate. Since I
and others ask for features I think it is our duty to help you guys out
with small/big amounts of donations to keep your interest going.

There is a short note in the FAQ <https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/EasyTAG/FAQ> about this. Anyway, for myself, there is not much that I could spend the money on, other than possibly a Windows license or Apple developer subscription (for Windows and Mac OS ports), so while I appreciate the offer, I would rather you donate the money to other worthy causes. The time that I spent on EasyTAG is not motivated by money, but if I find the time to work more on the Windows and Mac ports, I will request some help.

I am considerably more motivated by users discussing what they would like to see in EasyTAG, as well as reporting bugs.

Thanks!

--
http://amigadave.com/