Re: EasyTAG 2.4.3 released

On 26/12/16 11:16, Budge wrote:
On 05/12/16 19:53, David King wrote:
EasyTAG is a tag editor for MP3, Ogg Vorbis files and more.

EasyTAG 2.4.3 is available for download from:

https://download.gnome.org/sources/easytag/2.4/easytag-2.4.3.tar.xz
[snip]

Hi David,
I am back with the dunces here with my understanding of linux
installation process I'm afraid.

I installed the latest version, I thought in the same way as earlier
versions with make, install etc. and now when it runs, Easytag cannot
open the music files.  I can navigate down to the disk file but when I
click on this I do not get any the tracks.
Running on 64 bit openSUSE Leap 42.1 I would prefer the executable to be
in /usr/local/bin I have tried it in there and /usr/bin.  It runs fine
but with the above problems.  Where am I going wrong?
Budge

Further to the above I have cleaned out all my old stuff and am rebuilding Easytag 2.4.3.

I have a few comments on running ./complile which I do not understand, in particular the "no" to flac, mp3 etc. Am I missing some libraries. I checked them all against the README list and thought I was OK.
Here is the result from ./compile:-

Configuration for EasyTAG 2.4.3 :
--------------------------------

Source code location ....: .
Host System Type ........: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Preprocessor ............: gcc
Compiler ................: gcc -g -O2
Compiler warnings .......: -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -Wnested-externs -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wformat=2 -Wold-style-definition -Wcast-align -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wsign-compare -Wstrict-aliasing -Wshadow -Winline -Wpacked -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-noreturn -Winit-self -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wunused-but-set-variable -Warray-bounds -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wreturn-type -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Wno-error=unused-parameter -Wno-error=missing-field-initializers C++ Compiler warnings ...: -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wformat=2 -Wcast-align -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wsign-compare -Wstrict-aliasing -Wshadow -Winline -Wpacked -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-noreturn -Winit-self -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wunused-but-set-variable -Warray-bounds -Wreturn-type -Wno-overloaded-virtual -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Wno-error=unused-parameter -Wno-error=missing-field-initializers -Wno-error=overloaded-virtual
Linker ..................: gcc
MP3 file support ........: no
ID3v2.3 tags support ....: no
Ogg Vorbis file support .: no
Ogg Speex file support ..: no
Ogg Opus file support ...: no
FLAC file support .......: no
MP4 file support ........: no
WavPack support .........: no
NLS/gettext .............: yes
Nautilus actions ........: no
Tests during make check .: yes
Install prefix ..........: /usr/local

Now type make to build EasyTAG 2.4.3,
and then make install for installation.

Grateful for your guidance when you have time please.
Budge