Re: question about comment field

Hi Fritz

On 2016-08-01 11:20, net.email <net email web de> wrote:
I am using easytag (still v. 2.2.6-8.4) already for years with openSuse
(KDE) to edit metadata in flac files. I like the program,
but I have a general problem with the comment field:

it is called in the header of the flac file: DESCRIPTION=... (which
might be the official standard),
but the media center KODI (which becomes more and more popular) merely
reads COMMENT=

Is there a possibility to adjust it (e.g. as in Kid3)?

EasyTAG reads both COMMENT and DESCRIPTION fields from Vorbis comments, preferring DESCRIPTION fields. It only writes DESCRIPTION fields. You should file a bug against Kodi to (at a minimum) read both fields (as they are both in common usage). I had a quick look at the Kodi bugtracker and found that someone did just that 6 years ago:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/10729

I do not know the current state, so you would be best to ask the Kodi developers.

--
http://amigadave.com/