Easytag 2.4.0 - Illegal characters for windows FS

Hi everyone,

I recently had to do a backup of my music collection to an NTFS drive
that is read under windows 10. Unfortunately, my files contain
characters that are not valid and thus the files get removed at the
first chkdsk.

I've spent quite some time googling this issue, but could not come up
with a sufficient solution - there's a tool called detox, which will
basically remove the illegal chars and replace them by underscores, but
it fails on german special accents (ISO8859-15) and replaces them with
some garbage.

My idea here is that EasyTag could actually have an option to replace a
list of characters with another list of characters - like two arrays.

for example it should substitute
ä with ae
ö with oe
ü with ue
many other special chars should just be removed.

I have found no option in the current easytag - can anyone help me out,
please?

Thanks,
Walter