Re: Any Plans for WAV support

I have looked into tagging wav files and decided against. There is no real standard and various applications just force id3 into the file's headers, resulting very poor compatibility.
By the way, may I ask why wav and not flac?

Ran

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 5:30 AM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Hi Steven

On 2015-01-07 22:29, Steven Andrews <scandrews1 verizon net> wrote:
I need a .WAV file tag editor, and have not been able to find one.  Your
editor seems like the best around, but all my files are WAV.  Please help.

It should not be too difficult to add some WAV file support to EasyTAG, but none currently exists. A problem with supporting WAV files is that there are many metadata formats, including:

* INFO lists (inside LIST chunks). These are very basic, holding only  the title, artist and genre, but have been defined since the original  specification in 1991.
* Broadcast audio extension chunk (Bext). Part of the Broadcast Wave  Format (BWF). Several metadata extensions, mainly of use to the  broadcast industry.
* iXML. XML metadata format for BWF files.
* XMP. Generic XML metadata format.
* ID3v2 tag. Same tag as for MP3 files, but stored in WAV files in 3  different ways.
* Cart chunk. Similar to the Broadcast audio extension chunk.

Do you know which metadata scheme is most popular, and which would be most useful to you? Supporting the XML formats will probably take the most effort, but the WAV extensions (INFO, Bext and Cart chunk) are simple. ID3v2 might be possible, but I anticipate some problems with id3lib when processing ID3v2.3 tags.

--
http://amigadave.com/