Re: Running more than one instance simultaneously?

Hi!

On 2014-09-13 21:05, J.B. Nicholson-Owens <jbn forestfield org> wrote:
I am trying to run multiple instances of EasyTag 2.2.3 simultaneously. I
want to be able to save tags in one instance for files in one directory
while I edit tags for files a different directory using another instance
of EasyTag.

I can't currently run more than one instance of EasyTag 2.2.3
simultaneously as the same user. Opening a terminal window on GNU/Linux
and running "easytag" from there focuses the first EasyTag instance
already running.

Am I supposed to be able to run more than one instance simultaneously?

No, EasyTAG uses GApplication (and GtkApplication in git), which depends on a single-instance model for several features (at least the application menu, and possibly command-line handling and opening files). It should be possible to have multiple main windows in a single instance, and lots of the changes in git have been working towards that, but more refactoring is required.

How is it possible to run more than one instance of EasyTag
simultaneously as the same user?

You might be able to start a different D-Bus session bus, and run EasyTAG against that.

--
http://amigadave.com/