Re: DSF Tagging - Git Version

Hi Ran

On 2014-11-24 21:40, Ran Perry <therealranperry gmail com> wrote:
Tested EasyTag (git version) with dsf file support over the weekend. Some
findings:

1. EasyTag can successfully right tags into a dsf file. After saving the
tags, EasyTag used the following mapping:
…

Excellent! Thanks for the testing.

2. There seems to be some type of corruption when adding an image. When
doing so, the tags are not shown. Removing the image and saving, brings
back the tags. EasyTag uses the "APIC" filed to store the image. I tried
both jpg and png files.

I was trying to reproduce this problem, switching between ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 to do so. I was unable to reproduce a problem with images, but I could not write tags to the file after (successfully) writing ID3v2.4 tags to the file, then changing to ID3v2.3 in the preferences, reloading the file and trying to save again. This looks to be a bug in id3lib, but it will take a bit more time to figure out.

As for the image problem, are you using ID3v2.3 of ID3v2.4 for ID3 tags (in the preferences)? It is probably best if you file a bug, or email me privately, providing a link to a file with the image problem, as that should make it much easier for me to test.

3. Under the file's parameters, the encoder is indicated as "0". This
should be (probably) "DSD"

This is the format ID, as read from the DSF header. The format specification mentions that an ID of 0 corresponds to "DSD raw", so I have updated the header reading code to show that instead.

I did not encounter any other issues and I was able to tags various albums
with no issues (except tagging an image). EasyTag felt pretty stable
throughout the entire weekend.

Thanks David for putting the effort.

You're welcome!

--