I only use jpg file with easytag. One file per album. I will do more tests over the weekend with another machine.

Thanks,

Ran

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Hi Ran

On 2014-11-07 14:54, Ran Perry <therealranperry gmail com> wrote:
On 2014-11-07 13:04, Ran Perry <therealranperry gmail com> wrote:

 1. Tagging is way slower than 2.2 when adding images.

I cannot reproduce that here, after trying with a large PNG image. Which
image type are you adding? Is the slowdown during loading or saving?  There
have been no significant changes to the picture loading and saving code
since 2.2, so it would be good to figure out what the problem is here.

Files are jpg. around 150kb. 2.2 seems faster. This happens when saving.

Ah, so you mean that you add an image to a file, then save the modified file, and it takes longer in 2.3? If that is the case, which tagging format do you encounter the slowdown with, or is it all formats?

There are no performance tests for the tagging code at the moment, but I have almost removed all the GUI access from that code, so some tests should be possible quite soon. This should make it much easier to catch bugs and performance regressions.

--
http://amigadave.com/