Re: Genre tag always showing certain predefined genre

Apropos Genres, How do you add a missing genre to the list?

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Hi Bob

On 2014-05-19 18:48, Bob Smith <spockswhitepants yahoo com> wrote:
I use custom strings for genres on my MP3s. Whenever I load them in EasyTag 2.2.2 it displays them all as "Blues." If I enter any text in the genre field and save, the next time that fils is loaded it will be "Blues" again. I have tried checking "Write Genre in text only" and also unchecking "Write ID3v1.x tag" but it doesn't seem to make any difference. After a bit more investigation it looks like the tags are at least being written correctly... it is a display or loading issue in EasyTag... maybe related to the combo control? Anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

The genre list for ID3v1 was updated in 2.2.2, and this meant that a workaround was needed when reading the numeric (ID3v1-style, such as when writing ID3v2 genres with a numeric prefix) genres with libid3tag. Do you have ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 selected as the ID3v2 format? Also, do you know what the literal tag is in the file? Does it have a numeric prefix? I cannot reproduce the problem here, using either ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 tags.

--
http://amigadave.com/