Re: Can't compile 2.2.2 on Mint 16

Hi Bob

On 2014-05-15 16:07, Bob Smith <spockswhitepants yahoo com> wrote:
I have EasyTag 2.1.7 from the repository but I am hoping the seg fault when you rename folders has been fixed
in the newer version. But I can't seem to build 2.2.2. It looks like it doesn't like the version of gcc I
have(?) Any suggestions? Thanks.

That particular bug was fixed over a year ago, and 2.2.2 includes the fix (as well as 2.1.8, but I would not recommend using that version any longer).

Did you do a "sudo apt-get build-dep easytag" beforehand? That should install most of the build-time dependencies that you would need, including any compiler packages. You may need some additional packages for 2.2.2 over 2.1.7.

It might be easier to use the easytag package in my PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~amigadave/+archive/ppa

As Mint 16 is basically ubuntu 13.10, using the saucy package from the PPA should work fine.

--
http://amigadave.com/