Re: Compiling EasyTAG from git with Ubuntu-14.04

Hi

On 2014-03-26 03:16, batguano999 <batguano999 zoho com> wrote:
With Ubuntu-14-04beta1 I've compiled EasyTAG from git.
But needed to use...
ACLOCAL_PATH=/usr/share/aclocal ./autogen.sh; ./configure --disable-id3v23

because (so far) there are problems compiling id3lib.

checking iomanip.h usability... no
checking iomanip.h presence... no
checking for iomanip.h... no
configure: error: Missing a vital header file for id3lib

Perhaps id3lib is not compatible with Ubuntu's compiler, will need to investigate further.

Given that EasyTAG 2.1.10 is in Ubuntu 14.04 without this issue, this looks like a problem with your installation. Make sure that you have run "apt-get build-dep easytag" before running configure.

@Xubuntu:~$ easytag -v
EasyTAG 2.1.10
Also, even though I have installed appdata-tools-0.1.7 the message still appears:-
@Xubuntu:~/easytag$ make
Makefile:2595: *** missing separator. Stop.

You need to regenerate aclocal.m4 to include appdata-xml.m4, and then regenerate the Makefiles, or just revert the commit that adds the AppData support.

Would it not be possible to supply a copy of file "appdata-xml.m4" included with EasyTAG's code?

It is included in the tarball, but if building from git you need the file on your system, and it is not something that I wish to include in the easytag repository.

You can either fetch the package from Debian, install appdata-tools from source, or copy the appdata-xml.m4 file from appdata-tools.
The Debian package can be downloaded from:

https://packages.debian.org/unstable/appdata-tools

--
http://amigadave.com/