Application menu (was Re: ID3v1, anyone still using it?)

Hi Tomáš

On 2014-08-24 20:42, Tomáš Hnyk <tomashnyk gmail com> wrote:
one suggestion would be not to throw the old menu away - not everybody
uses EasyTag on Gnome 3 and it looks weird in other environments, I think.
Ubuntu for example uses the application menu under GNOME 3 but standard
menu under Unity  - something like that would be most welcome.

Of course! I tested with Unity before committing the application menu support, and the menus are simply merged and placed in the usual location in the top bar. GTK+ detects whether the environment prefers application menus, and does the merging as necessary.

As you might not be familiar with how this works in practice, I took a screenshot under Unity to demonstrate:

https://people.gnome.org/~davidk/easytag-2.3.1ish-preferences-unity.png

I do not have plans to get rid of the menu bar, as there are a large number of menu items which would not be easily rearranged into the rest of the UI.

--
http://amigadave.com/