Re: on the current behaviour of 1) using red and 2) defaulting to ID3 v2.4

On 2014-08-09 16:35, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
My thinking is that if I changed the default ID3v2 version to be 2.3, I
would get fewer bug reports from users about their ID3 tags not being
read by a player, compared to the current situation where this happens
occasionally. Then, if users changed their settings to use ID3v2.4,
because they knew that it was compatible with their players, it would
(possibly) save them some space and require fewer encoding conversions.

As an update on this, I changed the default (currently in the wip/application-window branch, but soon to be merged into master) to use ID3v2.3 by default, instead of ID3v2.4:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/log/?h=wip%2Fapplication-window&qt=grep&q=ID3v2.3

--
http://amigadave.com/