Re: yelp-tools is required

That is likely the problem, as that path is not searched by aclocal. As
there is a yelp-tools package for your distribution, I suggest that you
use it rather than building yelp-tools yourself:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/yelp-tools

Otherwise, you can add /usr/local/share/aclocal to the aclocal search
path by adding it to the environment variable ACLOCAL_PATH

Hi
The yelp-tools distribution package puts yelp.m4 in
/usr/share/aclocal/yelp.m4
and easytag ./configure finds it OK.

Also, as you suggested, git yelp-tools is found when I add the aclocal path.

Like this:-
$ cd easytag
$ ACLOCAL_PATH=/usr/local/share/aclocal ./autogen.sh; ./configure
$ make

@Xubuntu:~/easytag$ easytag --version
EasyTAG 2.1.9alpha1

Thanks