Re: yelp-tools is required

Hi

On 2013-11-08 17:43, batguano999 <batguano999 zoho com> wrote:
Hi
I have yelp-tools installed, compiled from git today.
https://github.com/GNOME/yelp-tools.git

That is just a mirror of the upstream repository, which is:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/yelp-tools

With Xubuntu-12.04, yelp.m4 is here ---> /usr/local/share/aclocal/yelp.m4

That is likely the problem, as that path is not searched by aclocal. As there is a yelp-tools package for your distribution, I suggest that you use it rather than building yelp-tools yourself:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/yelp-tools

Otherwise, you can add /usr/local/share/aclocal to the aclocal search path by adding it to the environment variable ACLOCAL_PATH (or ACLOCAL_FLAGS, depending on the version of autoconf that you have installed). An alternative is to copy yelp.m4 into the m4 directory in the easytag directory.

But easytag from git ./configure shows:-
"configure: error: yelp-tools is required to build EasyTAG help"

Do I need to install other files/packages or is something wrong with git?

yelp-tools is required for building the EasyTAG help (which you can see in the help/C directory of the easytag repository). EasyTAG 2.1.8 did not have Mallard help, as it was added relatively recently:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=49d5c597876d8d27c22f21ac750e275f959b0f1a
https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=48b46925b297efc2b0b9f3d2e884d07ad7096d91

--
http://amigadave.com/