Re: EasyTag ... rocks! Feature thought?

Hi Shane

On 2013-05-06 09:36, Shane Gibson <sygibson gmail com> wrote:
Then I thought ... I wonder if EasyTag could be extended to support video
file and metadata management as well?

This is possible, and even works for MPEG4 files at the moment, although by happy accident. Files with OGG containers should also be easy to support. However, this gets more complicated with other container or tag formats. Also, the tag fields supported for video would likely be different to those for audio formats, so this would need to be taken into account as well.

I am not a software coder (I'm a production operations guy...) - so I have
no idea what the feasibility of this is...

I think that there would need to be a better mapping of file capabilities to tag fields, as currently this is a bit fragile. This would be a fair amount of work, but would make it relatively simple to add support for new file formats, including those with very different tag fields, like video files.

I do not have time to work on such a project at the moment.

I also apologize if I'm bringing this up in the wrong forum/location ...

This is the perfect location for the discussion. :-)

Once again - thank you for the awesome EasyTag software.  It's the gold
standard by which I measure all digital content management systems...

Thanks!

--
http://amigadave.com/