EasyTag 2.1.7 (10 May 2012) - Speed with large number files

Dear all,

I really do use Easytag 2.1.7 (on Debian 7.0 - wheezy) intensively on a very large collection of MP3. Approximately 70.000 are in the collection.

I made following observation:

When writing a larger file number with the same tag property, after writing each tag, the complete central working window is updated. This update obviously goes through the complete file list and dertermines the optimized column width. This is with working more than 10 files a huge slow down of the tagging process, without any need. Working at a list of 32.900 files, the update of a single tag to a file takes 20sec (on a dual core 2,6GHz).

If the window update was intended to show the progress, I'd suggest to only update the filecounter or totally leave the update to the "Logbook" window and do a central window update only at the very end. A single window update after processing the complete list is fully sufficient.

Thanks for considering it! If there is already an update solving this issue, I'm more than happy to test.

Regards

Thorsten