Re: Patch: Option to lowercase all characters in filename

Hi Rudy

On 2013-07-17 17:33, Rudy Matela <rudy matela com br> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Thanks for the patch. This feature already exists, but in a slightly
different form; you can use the "Process Fields" scanner to process only the
filename, and then use the "Capitalize all" option.

I tried using that feature, but there is a little difference, it is
not able to underscore all components in a path, e.g.:

Without processing: The_Artist/1987--The_Album/05--The_Song.ogg
Using the process fields: The_Artist/1987--The_Album/05--the_song.ogg
Using the attached patch: the_artist/1987--the_album/05--the_song.ogg

Correct, it only operates on the file name, not on other components of the path.

Currently, the "process fields" and "rename files" scanners have separate configuration, which makes some sense as I suppose that some people want to have different naming or capitalization schemes for filenames and tag fields. What is more problematic is that only the "convert spaces" options are used in the "rename files" case, yet the "process fields" case has "convert spaces", "capitalization" and extra "convert spaces" options.

If there are going to be more options for renaming files, they should probably match the existing options for processing tag fields, and have the corresponding configuration inside the "rename files" scanner. Such a change would mean lots of new UI and potentially a very complex dialogue, so I think it needs a bit more thought before adding any further options.

--
http://amigadave.com/