Re: 01-01 year value

2013/1/24 Uros <urolicius gmail com>:
> Hey guys! First I want to thank you for your hard work on this great
> piece of software!
>
> I have the following bug: when I fill the year tag for multiple files,
> sometimes the tags have the wrong format (xxxx-01-01)even when I enter
> the right format wich would be xxxx. And when I try to rescan these
> files I gat the following message:
>
> 00:04:05 The year value "2003-01-01" seems to be invalid in the file
> "/folder/file.ogg" The information will be lost while saving tag.
> when after that I select one of these wrong taged files in the EasyTAG
> browser the year value changes to xxxx and I can then save the file with
> this correct tag. But when I select multiple files the tag stays in
> xxxx-01-01 format (also: year-1st january)!
> I also tried many setting to correct this wrong format but couldn't find
> any options in the menu. Is there any smoth way to correct more hundreds
> of files at once?

I didn't work much with Ogg files (I prefer FLAC), but I guess you
could write a script.
There seem to be a tool for the tagging available in the Ubuntu
repositories (you didn't mention your GNU/Linux-distribution, but I
guess this one is available elsewhere too) called vorbis-tools, which
among other things includes something called vorbiscomment.

sudo apt-get install vorbis-tools

For information about tag reading/writing:
man vorbiscomment

Shouldn't be too hard to create some kind of script or even a
one-liner, to correct vorbis files on your entire drive, if that's
what you want.
Of course doing backups before running an untested script or one-liner
is always recommended…

Johnny Rosenberg