Re: [Easytag-mailing] Album Artist

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Oliver <oliver joos freenet ch> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 13.06.2012, 21:46 +0200 schrieb Götz Waschk:
>> Oh no, please don't apply the patch. The "Album Artist" field is
>> essential for "Various Artists" releases or for split albums. It is
>> interpreted by my iPod and also by banshee.
> @Götz: I think the patch will only move the GUI textfield "Album Artist"
> visually to a more adequate position, near other more optional fields
> (fields that are only known by some but not all players).
Hi Olli,

yes, you are trying to move it, but I think it belongs logically to
the position it has now.  It is one of the fields you might want so
sort by, like album name and track number.

The attached screen-shot from Banshee 2.4.1 shows how the field is
used by a player.

Regards, Götz
--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.