Re: [Easytag-mailing] Can I use a mask for e.g. the title alone

Arnd-3 wrote:

> forestmountain <forestmountain gmail com> [Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:46:37
> -0700]
>
>> Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention in the OP that I don't want to
>> change the filenames as they got a lot of information (e.g. place and
>> date). I just want to create a mask for the title alone which contains
>> the tracknumber and some text string that is not present in the
>> filename.
>>
>> Filename could be "Live concert 13-apr-2011 (Recorded by xxxx) - Episode
>> 037.mp3" and here I want to tag the title with "Broadcast Episode" 037".
>
> You could still use the way I described before by temporarily storing the
> filename into e.g. the Comment field, using the Fill Tag function and a
> mask of "%c", and then restore the filenames from that field.
>
> Alternatively, if your filenames are all exactly like you stated, use the
> Fill Tag function with the following mask:
>
> "Live concert %i (Recorded by %i) - %t"
>
> This will give you Title fields like "Episode 037".
>
> Next use the Process Fields function, put "Episode" and "Broadcast
> Episode" in the Convert fields (this is like a rename function), and run
> it. (Be careful to deactivate other options before running.)
>
> As you see, there is no direct one-step way, but with a little creativity
> you can solve almost all naming tasks.

Did it! Thanks.

Normally I do find my way with easytag, even when it takes multible steps
for one little rename job. I must have starred myself blind on this one, as
the solution was nearby.

OK, I did use your idea with "parking" the filename in the Comment field:

1. Fill Tag > %c
2. Rename File and Directory > my wished text including the Episode %n at
the right spot
3. Fill Tag > %t
4. Rename File and Directory > %c

Thanks for the support