Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag ConfirmWhenUnsavedFiles.patch

On 15/01/12 18:50, Mark J Hewitt wrote:
On 14/01/12 19:50, Kip Warner wrote:
On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 17:52 +0100, Gaute Amundsen wrote:
<snip>

The last time I looked at this the cause of all the "unsaved changes"
was that EasyTag likes to keep tags in (I think) alphabetical order. So
there are no value changes as such, just that there are files it would
like to write the same values back to, but in a different sequence.

What tool did you use to inspect the raw id3?
A cursory testing of the most obvious id3 tools in the ubuntu repos, leaves me uncertain of whether any of them show the real order of the fields.

An empty "Note" field seems to be added, but only "id3tool" shows it..

To verify your theory I guess one would need a tool that could write the fields in a specific order...?

Gaute