No Scanner window

Hi,
I have a problem with easyTag 2.1.7 under Ubuntu 12.04 (with Unity). Suddenly the scanner window won't show up anymore.
When I push the "green button", it will just automatically do one of the three actions. I can choose from the menu 'scanner' which one, but there is no more scanner window where I can create a mask.

Is this a known bug or issue with Ubuntu/Unity? Or is there any log? I couldn't find one and even when started from a terminal there is no output.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Ben