Re: [Easytag-mailing] re re Using checkinstall with easyTAG

--
>Kip Warner -- Software Engineer

Hi
I've looked again at this problem with checkinstall and easyTAG-git.

With checkinstall, it's usual to use 'automatic' mode.
Like this:-
$ sudo checkinstall --pkgname easytag --pkgversion 2.1.6 --default

But this method with easyTAG-git gives complaints about wrong characters etc.

So it needs to be done using 'manual' mode.
Like this:-
$ sudo checkinstall

Then edit all the fields (name, version etc) manually.

There must be something in the easyTAG-git code that's feeding checkinstall with corrupt/garbled information.

It would be useful for checkinstall users if it could be fixed.

I don't have the necessary skills. :-(