[Easytag-mailing] Entering Accented Characters

Hi all,
Using Linux (openSUSE 11.2 with KDE desktop) I wish to use accented characters
such as e accute (é) in one of the tagging fields but cannot.  I cannot even right click to
paste the character in from my clipboard.

I do not have a grey Alt R key and get no joy with my grey Alt L which works on other
OSs.

Several years ago Jerome gave me instructions but the link in his post is now dead.
Grateful for any help please.

On a second point my settings preferences have UTF-8 for ID3v2 but for ID3v1.x the
setting is Western (ISO-8859) which is the default.  Why is that and should not they both
be UTF-8?

Regards,
Alastair.