Re: [Easytag-mailing] Tag Edit and Certain Punctuation Marks

Hi Alastair

On 1 February 2011 20:14, Alastair <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
> I have the fill tag scanner set up to replace underscores with space and %20 with
> space and the rename file scanner the same.
>
> What I have not experienced before is problems with certain punctuation marks, so far
> the question mark ? colon: and inverted commas ".

These characters are commonly reserved by Windows filesystems.
If you're storing your music on a linux filesystem you can disable
these substitutions.
( disable Preferences > File Settings > Replace illegal characters in
filename ).

Bear in mind that if you're sharing the files over the network using
Samba it may perform similar substitutions (unless you tell it not
to).

ciao
  Mark